Michele Kearney's Nuclear Wire

Major Energy and Environmental News and Commentary affecting the Nuclear Industry.

Monday, October 16, 2017

42nd Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC - An email from my son

Friends and Family,

I hope this email finds you doing well and enjoying the fall wherever you may be! 

As some of you know, this Sunday I am running in the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C. as a part of Fred's Team. We are committed to raising money to support research efforts at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. 

More specifically, I am running for hope: the hope that the doctors, nurses and care providers at Sloan Kettering and elsewhere provide to families like ours that have battled various forms of cancer, and the hope that one day, through research and innovation, we will be able to defeat this disease in its many forms. 

Though I've done one marathon before, finding the hours to train with a toddler in the house is not so easy, so I need your support - please send health and speed vibes my way on Sunday

And, if you are willing, below is a link to donate to our team. I've committed to raise $750 or $29 per mile, and I'll be sure to raise a small cup of water to each of you at the stations along the route. No amount is too small! 


Thank you in advance for your support, and I hope our paths cross soon. 

All the best,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment